Wer-Was-Wo - Detailanzeige
Ergebnisanzeige "Gender and Memory in European Literature and Film"
|Ressourcentyp||Call for Papers|
|Titel||Gender and Memory in European Literature and Film|
|Beschreibung||Gender and Memory in European Literature and Film
A conference to be held at Birkbeck College, University of London on 22-23 April 2010
Organizers: Silke Arnold-de Simine and Joanne Leal
This conference will set out to explore relationships between gender and memory as they have been articulated in literature and film within a European context since the 18th century. Key questions to be examined will include:
- Are ways of relating to the past gendered?
- To what extent are different roles assigned to men and women within memory discourses?
- Who remembers and who is (not) remembered?
- Does public memory belong to men and private memory to women?
- Are women primarily associated with communicative memory, while men determine cultural memory?
- To what extent are different memory genres/media (autobiography, novel/fiction, film) gendered?
- Do different memory concepts (mourning, nostalgia, memorialisation) have gendered connotations?
- In what ways are the relationships of men and women to memory and its discourses historically and culturally contingent?
- Can remembering and forgetting have gender political dimensions?
- To whose memories are value assigned in different cultural/historical contexts?
- What kinds of (gendered) memory community have been established?
- Who owns memory?
In order that these questions can be explored in an inter- and cross-disciplinary fashion, the conference will seek to bring together scholars working on memory and gender in a variety of different fields, including English and Humanities, Modern Languages, Media and Film Studies.
Proposals should be send to
Joanne Leal at firstname.lastname@example.org
by 31st October 2009.
The conference forms part of the programme of events of BRRKC: Birkbeck Research in Representations of Kinship and Community.
|Quelle der Beschreibung||Information des Anbieters|
|Person||Name: Leal, Joanne
|Schlüsselbegriffe||Genderforschung; Medien- u. Kommunikationstheorie|
|Klassifikation||05.00.00 Deutsche Literaturgeschichte > 05.09.00 Gattungen und Formen > 05.09.05 Weitere Formen|
|Ein Angebot von|
|URL dieses Wer-Was-Wo-Datensatzes||http://www.germanistik-im-netz.de/wer-was-wo/9780|