Wer-Was-Wo - Detailanzeige
Ergebnisanzeige "Essays for "Sissi's World: The Empress Elizabeth in Memory and Myth""
|Ressourcentyp||Call for Papers|
|Titel||Essays for "Sissi's World: The Empress Elizabeth in Memory and Myth"|
|Beschreibung||Call for Papers
For “Sissi’s World: The Empress Elisabeth in Memory and Myth,” a volume to be published by Bloombury Press (New Directions in German Studies series).
Editors: Heidi Schlipphacke (Associate Professor of Germanic Studies, University of Illinois-Chicago) and Maura Hametz (Professor of History, Old Dominion University)
We invite proposals for articles to be included in a forthcoming peer-reviewed collection that explores the cultural resonance of the iconic Empress Elisabeth in Central European Habsburg lands and around the world. We seek submissions that will harmonize with the volume’s transdisciplinary approach and global reach, supporting its aim to investigate the myths, legends, and representations of the enigmatic empress.
Topics might include (but are not limited to):
• Studies of the empress in art, architecture, costume, film, fashion, drama, history, or literature.
• Representations of Elisabeth in media, museums, tourism, or popular culture.
• Examinations of the enduring popularity of Sissi or the“cult of Sissi” in Europe and around the world.
• Studies of the empress and her memory that employ theoretical perspectives related to gender/sexuality, environment, questions of sovereignty and status.
• Examinations of the impact of Sissi or the “cult of Sissi” on contemporary culture, politics, diplomacy, economic or social relations.
• Perspectives on the national/transnational/international “stardom” of Sissi or the diffusion of symbols and representations of Sissi.
Proposals of 1,000 words or fewer (in English) describing the author’s topic, theoretical and disciplinary approach, geographic focus, and perspective on current research relating to the empress and a short (2 page) c.v. describing the author’s relevant work and research experience should be sent by email to the editors Maura Hametz (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Heidi Schlipphacke (email@example.com) by 1 February 2016.
Decisions on acceptance will be forwarded to prospective authors soon after February 1 2016. Manuscripts between 6,000 and 8,000 words in length (in MLA style), exclusive of bibliography, will be due by 15 October 2016. Proposals must relate to new and original work, and if a proposal is accepted for inclusion in the volume, the article must be submitted exclusively to the editors for this volume and may not be submitted simultaneously for publication elsewhere. All submissions will be subject to blind peer review.
For more information
For more information, for any editorial inquiries, or questions about submissions, please contact Heidi Schlipphacke (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Maura Hametz (email@example.com).
|Quelle der Beschreibung||Information des Anbieters|
|Person||Name: Heidi Schlipphacke
Funktion: Editor, Associate Professor of Germanic Studies
|Kontaktdaten||Name/Institution: Heidi Schlipphacke/University of Illinois at Chicago
Strasse/Postfach: 601 S. Morgan St., Dept. of Germanic Studies, MC 315, Chicago, IL
|Land||Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika|
|Schlüsselbegriffe||Literaturwissenschaft; Genderforschung; Komparatistik (Kulturvergleich, Interkulturelle Literaturwissenschaft); Medien- u. Kommunikationstheorie|
|Ein Angebot von|
|URL dieses Wer-Was-Wo-Datensatzes||http://www.germanistik-im-netz.de/wer-was-wo/51526|