Wer-Was-Wo - Detailanzeige
Ergebnisanzeige "Masters and Doctoral programs in German at Georgetown University"
|Titel||Masters and Doctoral programs in German at Georgetown University|
|Beschreibung||The Graduate Program in German at Georgetown University in Washington DC invites applications to its Masters and PhD program for the academic year 2016/17.
Application deadline: January 15, 2016.
The Graduate Program in German is ideally positioned to respond to the challenges in the profession and to the changing role of the humanities. Many of our program features reflect the recommendations of the recent MLA report on Doctoral Study.
• Georgetown offers a rigorous academic program that responds to the broadening career goals of graduate students. A recent Graduate alumni survey confirms that our students find attractive positions in higher education and in other professional contexts, including cultural organizations, research institutes, and NGOs.
• Drawing on the broad range of expertise of the faculty at Georgetown, the graduate program provides an excellent foundation of German literature and culture and fosters interdisciplinary approaches to more specialized areas of inquiry, including: contemporary literature and culture, issues of gender and sexuality, intersections of religious and literary traditions, curriculum development, and literacy studies.
• All students, irrespective of their area of concentration, receive extensive preparation for teaching and are involved in aspects of curriculum development and assessment.
• Our commitment to individual mentoring and to generous year-round financial support makes completion of the Doctoral Program in five years not only desirable but also financially and academically feasible.
• Located in the nation’s capital, Georgetown’s graduate program benefits from a range of cultural institutions and events (e.g., the Goethe Institut; German, Austrian & Swiss Embassies; German Historical Institute; The Smithsonian; Holocaust Museum).
Application materials include: Statement of Purpose, Official Transcripts (all prior institutions), three letters of recommendations; GRE Scores; evidence of proficiency in English and German; Academic Writing Samples. Application deadline: January 15, 2016.
Please visit the Georgetown University website (german.georgetown) for more information on the application process and on the graduate program. If you have additional questions, please contact Prof. Friederike Eigler, Department Chair, at email@example.com.
|Quelle der Beschreibung||Information des Anbieters|
|Person||Name: Friederike Eigler
Funktion: Department Chair
|Kontaktdaten||Name/Institution: Georgetown University
Strasse/Postfach: German Dept. ICC 465
Stadt: Washington DC
Telefon: 202 687-6051
|Land||Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika|
|Zusätzliches Suchwort||German studies, Gender studies, Second language aquisition|
|Ein Angebot von|
|URL dieses Wer-Was-Wo-Datensatzes||http://www.germanistik-im-netz.de/wer-was-wo/50981|