Wer-Was-Wo - Detailanzeige
Ergebnisanzeige "Controlling the Body: Feminist Legal, Medical, and Social Discourses/ Representations/ Meaning Making"
|Ressourcentyp||Call for Papers|
|Titel||Controlling the Body: Feminist Legal, Medical, and Social Discourses/ Representations/ Meaning Making|
|Beschreibung||MLA 2016: Controlling the Body: Feminist Legal, Medical, and Social Discourses/ Representations/ Meaning Making (Sonja Klocke, Erika Berroth)
MLA Session sponsored by the Coalition of Women in German. January 7-10, 2016, Austin, Texas.
This panel invites contributions engaging feminist interdisciplinary approaches to critical appreciations of narratives of health and illness related to medical and legal discourses. We are interested in papers that address how categories of differences and diversity, such as race, gender, culture, ability, age, among others, are represented in German language texts and films that integrate literary/filmic, legal, and medical perspectives.
Possible topics could include
· Literature/Film as Medicine - the Medicine of Words and Images
· Illness/Disease Narratives
· Legal and Medical Imagination: Intersections of Law and Medicine in Literature and Film
· Cultivating Humanity in the Anthropocene: What does it mean to be human in literary/legal/medical discourses?
· Affect and Story Telling: Narrative Law, Narrative Medicine
· Cognition: Meaning making through legal/medical/literary narratives
· Ethics: Bioethics, legal ethics, narrative ethics in texts of the body
· Pedagogy: Stories of Doctoring, Lawyering in Literature, Film, Visual Art in teaching Cultures, Ethics, Compassion, Interdependence, Connectedness, Narrative Imagination, Shared Spaces of Suffering or Healing, Imaginative Labor, Moving Images, Moving Words.
Please submit a 250-word abstract and a short biographical note by Friday, March 15, 2015 to Erika Berroth (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sonja Klocke (email@example.com). Please include your name, institutional affiliation, email address, and any audio-visual requirements for the presentation. Please note that participants must have current MLA membership by April 7, 2015.
|Quelle der Beschreibung||Information des Anbieters|
|Person||Name: Erika Berroth
|Kontaktdaten||Name/Institution: Southwestern University
Strasse/Postfach: Southwestern Univ
Telefon: 512 863 1739
|Land||Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika|
|Ein Angebot von|
|URL dieses Wer-Was-Wo-Datensatzes||http://www.germanistik-im-netz.de/wer-was-wo/45180|