Wer-Was-Wo - Detailanzeige
Ergebnisanzeige "ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Research Fellowships "
|Titel||ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Research Fellowships|
|Beschreibung||J O B O F F E R No. 2015 / 031
The University of Konstanz, with its “Institutional Strategy to promote Top-Level Research,” has been receiving continuous funding since 2007 within the framework of the Excellence Initiative by the German Federal and State Governments.
The Zukunftskolleg is a central scientific institution of the University of Konstanz for the promotion of young researchers in the natural sciences, humanities and social sciences, and is an integral component of the institutional strategy “Model Konstanz — Towards a Culture of Creativity.” The Zukunftskolleg forms a platform for interdisciplinary discourse between distinguished researchers in Germany and abroad, and provides them with resources for obtaining extramural funding.
The Zukunftskolleg of the University of Konstanz offers up to
five (5) ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Research Fellowships
(any discipline represented at the University of Konstanz)
(Salary Scale 14 TV-L)
to develop and implement individual research projects. The Marie Curie call for applications is part of the Zukunftskolleg Incoming Fellowship Program (ZIF) and is financed by the Seventh Framework Program (FP7) Marie Curie Actions – People (co-funding of regional, national and international programs), the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the University of Konstanz. The rules and ethical principles for the FP7 and the DFG guidelines apply.
Research Fellowships are available to researchers regardless of their nationality and field of research.
The Fellowships will begin on March 1, 2016, and end on February 28, 2021.
The Zukunftskolleg provides a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research. Fellows have the opportunity to benefit from a variety of career development measures, including the University of Konstanz’s Academic Staff Development and Research Support offices. Fellows may nominate recognized experts in their field of research as senior Fellows, who will be invited to Konstanz for a research stay of one to nine months. Each Research Fellow receives Start-up Funding and a Research Allowance. Furthermore, a pool is available for funding cooperative projects, research assistants, travel, and equipment purchases. Each Fellow is a member of both a university department and the Zukunftskolleg. A Mentoring Committee supports each Fellow in her / his career development. This committee consists of an experienced researcher from the Fellow’s research field within the university department, as well as an advanced Research Fellow of the Zukunftskolleg.
The target group consists of excellent researchers with significant work experience at the postdoctoral level, leadership abilities, and a capacity for teamwork, so that they can reasonably be expected to take up leading roles in academia.
Applicant Requirements for this Fellowship include:
- Candidates must be in possession of a doctoral degree (PhD thesis submitted and defended) at the moment of the application;
- Candidates must not hold a permanent position, a professorship, or have an habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi);
- Candidates must already have secured a research group grant in a competitive process of at least 50,000 € or an equivalent amount of funding to be used for their research while at the Zukunftskolleg. Candidates with external applications which have been submitted before the application deadline (May 18, 2015), but are still waiting for the decision will receive a Fellowship offer conditional on the approval. Please note that the ZIF-Marie Curie Fellowships cannot be combined with other EU funded fellowships (for example the Individual Fellowships);
- Candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible;
- Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz. Applicants should contact potential mentors (Local Hosts) among the researchers at the University of Konstanz in order to ensure appropriate affiliation. Support from the department strengthens the application;
- Applicants must have had their main residence and worked outside Germany for 24 months or more during the three years prior to the application deadline (timeframe: May 19, 2012- May 18, 2015);
- All ethical issues raised by a proposed project (if applicable) must be described in the project outline. The candidate should explain how these will be addressed, so as to conform with national and, for Marie Curie Fellowships, Seventh Framework Program (FP7) ethical principles. For advice, please see the CORDIS website on ethics (http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/ethics_en.html) and contact the Zukunftskolleg office. If a proposed project that has passed the peer review stage raises any ethical issues, it is forwarded for review by the University of Konstanz Ethics Committee.
Fellows have an opportunity to teach. They are expected to participate actively in the regular weekly meetings of the Zukunftskolleg and to have their place of residence in Konstanz.
Fellows are selected on the basis of their academic excellence, the quality and topicality of their research project outline, personal aptitude with regard to leadership and team skills, and interdiscipli-nary interest. International experience in teaching or research, and a strong interest in interdis-ciplinary topics are desirable.
Applications are evaluated in a three-stage process:
1. Eligibility check and pre-selection based on the written application;
2. Further selection based on independent peer reviews;
3. Personal assessment of the remaining candidates by the Recruitment Committee in the interdisciplinary Workshop on Future Research Directions, to be held at the University of Konstanz in October 2015.
Candidates will be informed of the final decision and the evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of their applications approximately one week after the workshop.
More information on the Zukunftskolleg and current Fellows, as well as a special section devoted to the application and selection process (online application process, required documents, guidelines on eligibility, evaluation criteria, the timeline and the stages of the selection process) are available on our website at: http://www.zukunftskolleg.uni-konstanz.de/.
The University of Konstanz encourages disabled persons to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 (0) 7531 / 88 – 4016 und 88 - 2834).
The University of Konstanz encourages researchers to resume their careers after any interruptions, as extra-academic experiences are respected and appreciated as potentially beneficial to the community of Fellows.
The University of Konstanz is an equal opportunity employer that tries to increase the number of women in research and teaching.
The University of Konstanz has been certified to be a family-friendly institution by the Hertie Foundation. The University is committed to further the compatibility of work and family life.
The University of Konstanz offers a “Dual Career Couples Programme“. Information is available at: http://www.familie.uni-konstanz.de/dual-career/.
All applications and supporting materials must be submitted in English via the Online Application Platform at: www.zukunftskolleg.uni-konstanz.de/online-application .
The required documents include a completed application form, a letter of motivation, research propo-sal, curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and two letters of reference.
Applicants are encouraged to check their eligibility before submitting their proposal.
The deadline for applications is May 18, 2015, 17:00h (Konstanz time).
Contact: Help Desk, email@example.com
|Quelle der Beschreibung||Information des Anbieters|
|Person||Name: Magdalena Delucis
Funktion: Program Director Internationalisation
|Kontaktdaten||Name/Institution: Universität Konstanz, Zukunftskolleg
Strasse/Postfach: Universitätsstraße 10
|Ein Angebot von|
|URL dieses Wer-Was-Wo-Datensatzes||http://www.germanistik-im-netz.de/wer-was-wo/44906|