Wer-Was-Wo - Detailanzeige
Ergebnisanzeige "Eco-Pedagogy and Feminist Praxis in German / Modern Languages and Literatures (AATG/ACTFL)"
|Ressourcentyp||Call for Papers|
|Titel||Eco-Pedagogy and Feminist Praxis in German / Modern Languages and Literatures (AATG/ACTFL)|
|Beschreibung||AATG/ACTFL, Nov. 21-23, 2014, San Antonio, Texas. Eco-Pedagogy and Feminist Praxis in German / Modern Languages and Literatures
Feminist collaborative pedagogies and practices, such as, for example, co-creating knowledge by drawing on dialogue, reflection, critique and experience, community based learning for social justice, or interdisciplinary orientations have long informed “Green German Studies” as well as teaching and learning in German Studies as part of the Environmental Humanities. This panel seeks to bring together contributions on pedagogy and praxis that reflect feminist and environmentalist commitments in Modern Languages and Literatures, particularly, of course, in German. How are feminist pedagogies created and nurtured in courses or units focused on the environment? What specific types of classroom activities and/or pedagogical strategies foster language development and raise awareness about how social and environmental justice issues intersect with feminist approaches to teaching and learning?
In this context, topics could include:
· Teaching and activism; dimensions of engagement
· Integrated study abroad experiences; partnerships; stakeholders
· Modern Languages and Literatures and the Environmental Humanities
· Feminist praxis and eco-pedagogy in Modern Languages and Literatures teaching and learning contexts: content based; interdisciplinary; community based; project based; inquiry based; authentic materials; innovations
· Blended forms of teaching and learning; innovative collaborations
· Developing eco-literacy as feminist praxis
· Developing intercultural competence in environmentalism and feminist praxis
This panel is sponsored by the Coalition of Women in German. Please send abstracts (up to 500 words) to both co-organizers, Erika Berroth email@example.com and Lauren Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org by January 6, 2014.
|Quelle der Beschreibung||Information des Anbieters|
|Veranstaltungsort||San Antonio, Texas|
|Ein Angebot von|
|URL dieses Wer-Was-Wo-Datensatzes||http://www.germanistik-im-netz.de/wer-was-wo/36105|