Wer-Was-Wo - Detailanzeige
Ergebnisanzeige "Exile and Gender"
|Ressourcentyp||Call for Papers|
|Titel||Exile and Gender|
|Beschreibung||Call for Papers
Exile and Gender
Triennial International Conference of the
Research Centre for German & Austrian Exile Studies, IGRS, University of London
Wednesday, 17 - Friday, 19 September 2014
Professor Charmian Brinson (Imperial) and Dr Andrea Hammel (Aberystwyth)
In recent years there have been a small number of works on the issue of women in relation to the lives and works of refugees from National Socialism. Whereas research in the 1990s tried to fill the knowledge gap regarding women refugees, after the turn of the century feminist criticism of exile writing and the importance of female refugees in the professions was given increased attention. The conference would like to build on the work done both in the 1990s and since, as well as to explore new areas. The focus of the conference are refugees from National Socialism, however, papers considering a comparison between these and other refugees will be considered.
Topics of interest might include:
- Studies of women in exile
- Comparative studies of men and women refugees from National Socialism regarding their migration and settlement stories
- Representations of masculinity and femininity in exile (in works of art, literature, the press etc.)
- Sexuality in exile
- Feminist exile studies
- Gender in exile literature/art/music
- Gender in the historiography of refugees from National Socialism
- Gender and language change
Proposals for papers should be sent with a 300-word abstract and a short biography to both Charmian Brinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Andrea Hammel (email@example.com) by 1 October 2013.
|Quelle der Beschreibung||Information des Anbieters|
|Ein Angebot von|
|URL dieses Wer-Was-Wo-Datensatzes||http://www.germanistik-im-netz.de/wer-was-wo/34282|