Wer-Was-Wo - Detailanzeige
Ergebnisanzeige "Teacher-German Summer Academy"
|Titel||Teacher-German Summer Academy|
|Beschreibung||We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced teachers (grad students with 3+years of teaching experience are welcome to apply) for our summer academy.
The Language Academy @ Wofford offers a residential two-week and four-week German language immersion academy for middle and high school students. LA@W German teachers collaborate with the German Language Director to implement the LA@W curriculum and policies. The Language Director leads a team of creative, experienced language educators to create a rigorous academic and culturally relevant program.
Staff and students commit to remain in language with modifications as necessary for the student age group and language level. Staff commit to providing students with a caring and supportive environment to ensure students are successful in reaching proficiency goals.
The German teacher’s goals are:
- To ensure that students improve proficiency in the target language and the associated culture/s
- To collaborate with peers across levels and languages to create an enriching experience for all LA@W staff
In preparation for LA@W the German teacher:
- Reads and understands LA@W guidelines and policies as outlined in the staff handbook
- Becomes familiar with LA@W German curriculum guidelines and has draft lesson plans
- Creates a plan for a week-long hands-on cultural project
- Provides recommendations for instructional resources
During the academy the German teacher:
- Provides German language immersion instruction
- Provides academic leadership and supervision of students
- Assists in co-curricular activities such as evening programs and field trips
- Monitors student progress, providing feedback to students
- Engages with students in social settings such as meals
- Collaborates with peers to increase the skills and effectiveness of all
- Provides end-of-academy report on each student
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in secondary German language instruction, preferably in an immersion setting
- Demonstrated ability to engage students with passion and creativity
- Familiarity with ACTFL standards and progress indicators
- Deep knowledge of German-speaking cultures
- The energy and enthusiasm to remain positive and focused in an intense academic environment
- Preference will be given to applicants with an ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) rating of Advanced-Mid or higher
The German Academy teachers will arrive at Wofford’s campus in Spartanburg, SC on the afternoon/evening of June 13, 2012. It is preferred that staff live on Wofford College’s campus for the duration of the program. While it is our goal to assign levels before students arrive, teachers should expect that changes will be made since on-site student assessments are more accurate than online pre-tests.
Staff orientation and preparation for arrival of students will take place on June 14-16. Students arrive on June 17, 2012 and depart on July 15th. Staff depart on July 16th. The salary is $3,100, and includes lodging and all meals.
|Quelle der Beschreibung||Information des Anbieters|
|Person||Name: Brunow, Beate
Funktion: Director of the German Language Academy
|Kontaktdaten||Name/Institution: Wofford College
Strasse/Postfach: 429 N Church Street
Telefon: 864 597 4508
|Land||Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika|
|Schlüsselbegriffe||Deutsch als Fremdsprache / Deutsch als Zweitsprache; Sprachdidaktik (Schuldidaktik, Erwachsenenbildung, Konzepte sprachlicher Bildung)|
|Ein Angebot von|
|URL dieses Wer-Was-Wo-Datensatzes||http://www.germanistik-im-netz.de/wer-was-wo/25325|