Wer-Was-Wo - Detailanzeige
Ergebnisanzeige "Women in German Dissertation Prize"
|Titel||Women in German Dissertation Prize|
|Beschreibung||Women in German Dissertation Prize
Every year Women in German issues a call for dissertations by WIG members to be considered for the Women in German Dissertation Prize of $500. The 2009 award will be conferred at the 2010 WiG conference. The recipient's name will be published in the Women of German Newsletter and on the website.
*Dissertations completed, defended, accepted, and filed during the calendar year 2009. In rare circumstances, the official graduation date may fall in the next calendar year, causing questions about eligibility. In such cases, please consult the chair of the prize committee before the deadline. In general, the official submission date recorded on the filed copy decides about the year of eligibility.
*Membership in Women in German. For information on how to join Women in German, visit our membership pages http://womeningerman.roundtablelive.org/.
Criteria for Selection
We are looking for dissertations that
* reflect the values of the Women in German Mission Statement http://www.womeningerman.org/;
* make a substantial contribution to the current dialogue in the given area;
* demonstrate solid and innovative scholarship.
How to Apply?
You may either apply yourself, or be nominated. The application package must include:
* a cover letter (either by the author or by a nominator) describing the strengths of the dissertation and any other reasons why it deserves consideration for the award (If the dissertation comes from a system using outside examiners, these examiners' reports should neither be included nor referenced or paraphrased in the nominating
letter. We'd appreciate receiving the cover letter in a separate envelope.);
* two hard copies of the dissertation, each with an abstract, plus one complete electronic copy (in both Microsoft Word and as PDF on a CD; we'd appreciate if the CD also contained a zipped copy);
* the applicant's mailing and email addresses and phone numbers.
Send the application to the Chair of the Dissertation Prize Selection Committee:
Department of German
7700 College Station, Bowdoin College
Brunswick, ME 04011-8477
Direct Questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: postmarked by March 31, 2010
|Quelle der Beschreibung||Information des Anbieters|
|Person||Name: Birgit Tautz
|Kontaktdaten||Name/Institution: Dissertation Prize Selection Committee
Strasse/Postfach: 7700 College Station, Bowdoin College Brunswick, ME 04011-8477
Postleitzahl: Brunswick, ME 04011-8477
|Land||Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika|
|Klassifikation||00.00.00 ohne thematische Zuordnung|
|Ein Angebot von|
|URL dieses Wer-Was-Wo-Datensatzes||http://www.germanistik-im-netz.de/wer-was-wo/12589|